Friday, September 18, 2015

Dissecting Ancestry : an Upcoming Presentation

Over the last year, I have worked off and on preparing a talk about Ancestry. Originally, I was going to give the talk in Meaford in December, 2014. Well, in November it snowed heavily and between the organizers and me, it was decided to give the talk in the spring because we, or perhaps, it was I, was worried the snow would hang around and travelling might be poor on the day of the talk. On the chosen spring date, the weather cooperated; it was great travelling weather for attendees and the speaker.

 When I was first working on my presentation, Ancestry was in the midst of making changes to the search page. So I decided I would let those changes happen and I would update what I had prepared closer to the talk. I did that. I gave the talk to an interested group of mainly people who were wondering how best to use it.

Anyone, who gives genealogical talks on any subject, realizes a talk takes quite a bit of time to prepare. It is therefore wonderful when you can give the talk more than once. You also realize you will want to update your talk before you give it again. It is a chance to make improvements.

Now, I am giving the presentation again. Once again, Ancestry is making more changes. So, I need to add information on the changes to the navigation tools within the document. Although, I use Ancestry.ca (world edition) regularly, I keep learning more about it. I hope the attendees will learn something new during the talk, too.

Bruce Grey Branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society - September 22, 2015 at Family History Library, Owen Sound at 7:30 p.m. All are welcome to attend.



© 2015 Janet Iles Print

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.